When it's Time to Sell....
Selling your home is one of the bigger investments in your life. It is not a process you want to walk into without full knowledge of the real estate proceedings, disclosures and laws. In today's market it is highly recommended that you have full representation from an experienced and qualified agent. The first step toward putting your house up for sale is to meet with a real estate agent.
At the listing appointment, the listing broker will want to inspect your house and lot. After conferring with the listing broker on market conditions, comparable nearby sales and listings, and available financing, the home seller will set the asking price for the house. Essentially the market or the demand will determine the sale price. You need to keep in mind in pricing your home that the buyers will be comparison shopping. When they come to look at your home, they will be looking at all the homes in this price range. How does yours compare? When you put your house on the market, it's time to clean up, fix up and toss out. You need to have your home looking as good as possible - first impressions are important.
When the offer comes in, negotiations begin. In the Toronto market, if the house is priced right, homes are selling for 97% of asking price on average... I sell my homes on average for over 103% of asking!! (Toronto Real Estate Board Stats).
Once you have a contract, the real work begins. There are so many details to handle: the attorney, the lender, the survey, the inspections, the disclosures, the title search, etc. - the list goes on and on. It just takes one step not being done on time and there could be a delay in closing.
There are more details than what has been written here. It is essential to cover them all during the sale of a home. If you are in doubt in any area, you should really use a professional to sell your home.
My commitment to you.......THE SELLER
No one will work harder to sell your property.
To accomplish this I will:
Work with you to customize the marketing of your home and suggest changes to optimize presentation in keeping with your family calendar.
Send faxes and emails to agents describing your property and its features, inviting them to the Agent's Open House where a catered lunch will be served. "If you feed them, they will come!"
Advertise your home in the Globe a Mail as well as the local Town Crier or the Toronto Star, or when appropriate, alternative newspapers such as Resale Homes.
Expose your property on the Multiple Listing Service of the Toronto Real Estate Board and advertise on its international web site at www.mls.ca Advertise your property on the Bosley Real Estate web site at www.bosleyrealestate.com.
Advertise your property on my web site at www.patrickrocca.com, www.leasidehomes.com, with hyper links to www.leasidetoronto.com and other links.
Contact you on a weekly basis to discuss your listing, update and suggest further marketing strategies and improvements. Work with the agents in facilitating Offers for your property.
Explain and present to you all contracts pertaining to the sale of your home, guiding you to completion.
Arrange for a professional internet tour of your home posted on the world wide web (if authorized).
AGENT COMPARISON CHART
PATRICK ROCCA... ask these questions!!!
1. Does the agent reside in the neighbourhood so that he or she can answer questions about schools, TTC, crime, shopping and other local community activities? *
2. Has the agent had over 10 years experience in selling real estate in the area? *
3. Has the agent had over 10 years experience in renovating properties in the area? *
4. Does the agent constantly take extra courses offered by various companies to keep on top of new trends, demography and technologies to sell your property quickly? *
5. Has the agent been a top producer in his/her firm every year and consistently been among the top agents in the city? *
6. Does the agent's company have one of the largest market share of sales in town/area? #1 in Leaside. *
7. Does the agent have an affiliation, both nationally and internationally, with a network of brokers? *
8. Does the company employ only full-time agents to ensure the highest standard of integrity and competence? *
9. Does the company have a Quality Assurance Program/Guarantee? *
10. Is the agent schooled in Marketing Management and Architecture to better answer buyers' questions? *
11. Does the agent employ an assistant to do all the basic tasks required and free-up the agent to sell your property? *
12. Does the company have a full-time, in-house Mortgage Broker to pre-qualify buyers and help with all facets of mortgage needs? *
13. Does the agent use the latest marketing methods to sell your property such as internet ads, coloured brochures and virtual tours? *
14. Does the agent contribute a portion of each and every commission to local charities and community events? *
15. Does the agent come up to the standards that Patrick Rocca has set? *